Announcements and Important Events
Dear South Parents, Students, and Community,
At this time, we are awaiting important information and guidance from the MHSAA on winter sports and "return to play protocols." As of right now, winter sports will continue as regularly scheduled. When we receive an update, we will be posting that information on our website.
Winter Sports Tryouts: Here are the following tryout dates for each respective sport:
- Boys' Basketball - November 16
- Girls' Basketball - November 9
- Competitive Cheer - November 9
- Gymnastics - October 26
- Girls' / Boys' Hockey - November 2
- Boys' Swim - November 23
- Wrestling - November 16
Gold Card / Health Questionnaire / Physical Information:
- If you have a sport physical on file from 2019-20 (completed on or after April 15, 2019), you need to complete the MHSAA Health Questionnaire and Gold Card.
- If you do not have a sport physical from 2019-20, you must complete a MHSAA medical history form and gold card These forms are all available in the athletic office. For the medical history form, click HERE
GOLD CARD: The purpose of filling out a gold card is for parents to include important medical information for South trainers if needed. This includes important contact information, medical clearance, parent permission for trips, and must be completed prior to the first date of tryouts. To access a gold card, click HERE.
HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE: This Sports Health Questionnaire may only be used for students who have have a valid sports physical during the 2019-20 school year on file (one completed on or after April 15, 2019). To access the 2020-21 health questionnaire, click HERE.
SPORT PHYSICAL: If a student does not have a sport physical on file from 2019-20, they must complete this form, and have a "physical examination and medical clearance" completed by an MD, DO, PA, or an NP from a physical done on or after April 15, 2019. All forms must be completed and approved by the athletic office prior to tryouts. Per CDC guidelines, masks must be worn by all visitors.
Grosse Pointe South Athletics